Before starting the DBMS MCQ (Database Management System Multiple Choice Question). Let’s know few important key points that are used in Database Management System because that it helps you to be more informative. In every section of MCQ, you will access information regarding the subject matter.
Data: Data is distinct information that is formatted in a special way. Data Exist in a variety of forms like the text on paper or bytes. Data is a piece of information in a raw or unorganized form such as alphabets, numbers, or symbols that refer to, or represent, conditions ideas
or objects, The unprocessed information is data. The computer takes raw data and processes these data and gives out the useful and meaningful data as out on the computer screen. The computer takes raw information as the data.
Let’s Begin to practice the MCQ of DBMS (Database Management System) Set 1
1. The ….. An operator will cause a record to be selected only if two or more conditions are satisfied.
|A. Or||B. If or|
|C. Range||D. And|
2. Which field type can store photos?
|A. Hyperlink||B. OLE|
|C. Both of these can be used||D. Access tables can’t store photo|
3. Queries in Access can be used as
|A. View, Change, and Analyze data in different ways||B. A source of records for forms and reports|
|C. Only A||D. Both A & B|
D. Both A & B
4. While creating a relationship, when you drag a field of a field to drop another table the mouse pointer changes into
|A. A doctor’s sign||B. Thin + Sign|
|C. Outline Rectangle||D. None of the Above|
C. Outline Rectangle
5. Which of the following is a method to create a new table in MS Access?
|A. Create a table in Design View||B. Create Table using the wizard|
|C. Create Table by Entering Data||D. All of above|
D. All of Above
6. It is the most common type of query. It retrieves records from one or more tables and then displays the
|A. parameter||B. Select|
|C. Crosstab||D. All of above|
7. What is the difference between ‘Open’ and ‘Open Exclusively’?
|A. Open Statement open-access database files and Open Exclusively open database file of another program like Oracle.|
|B. Open Exclusive locks the whole database so that no one can access it whereas Open locks only the record that is being accessed|
|C. Both Open and Open Exclusively are the same|
|D. Open Exclusive command does not exist in MS Access|
B. Open Exclusive locks whole database so that no one can accesss it wheres Open locks onle the record that is being accessed.
8. Which of the following statement is true
|A. Reports can be used to retrieve data from tables and calculate|
|B. Queries can be printed in a well-formatted manner and presented as the information|
|C. Queries can include calculated fields that do not exist in the table|
|D. Reports and forms are similar but forms are used to print but report to displays on-screen only.|
C. Queries can include calculated fields that do not exist in the table
9. It is a query that when run displays its won dialog box prompting you for information, such as
|A. Select||B. Crosstab|
|C. Parameter||D. Append|
10. It is used to calculate and restructure data for easier analysis of your data. It calculates the sum,
|A. Parameter||B. Select|
11. What is the maximum length a text field can be?
|A. 120||B. 255|
|C. 265||D. 75|
12. Which of the following statement is true?
|A. Foreign key fields don’t allow duplicate values|
|B. In the primary key field you can enter duplicate value|
|C. In an indexed field you may or may not enter duplicate values depending upon the setting|
|D. All statements are true|
C. In an indexed field you may or may not enter duplicate values depending upon the setting
13. Microsoft Acces is a
|A. RDBMS||B. OODBMS|
|C. ORDBMS||C. Network database mode|
14. if you need to edit a relationship
|A. Right Click the relationship line and choose Edit Relationship|
|B. Double Click the relationship line|
|C. Both of above|
|D. none of above|
C. Both of above
15. DCL Provides commands to perform actions like
|A. Change the structure tables|
|B. Insert, update, or delete records and data values|
|C. Authorizing access and other control over the database|
|D. None of above|
C. Authorizing access and other control over the database
16. Which of the following store command retrieve data from the database?
|A. Forms||B. Reports|
|C. Queries||C. Tables|
17. Both conditions display on the same row in the design grid when ……. operator is in use
|A. OR||B. IN|
|C. And||C. Like|
18. if you write criteria values vertically it will mean.
|A. OR Conditions||B. AND Conditions|
|C. Not Conditions||C. None of above|
A. OR Conditions
19. The key uniquely identifies each record in a table
|A. Primary Key||B. Key Word|
|C. Field Name||C. All of above|
A. Primary Key
20. What do you mean by one to many relationships between students and class tables?
|A. One Student can have many classes||B. One class may have many students|
|C. Many Classes may have many students||C. Many Students may have many classes.|
A. One Student can have many classes