Before starting our third DBMS MCQ questions and answers. Let understand the basic term that is mostly used in Database Management systems. To make a great understand it is necessary to need to know basic terms that are used repeatedly in DBMS. In this section, we will discuss basic concepts of tables fields.
Table: A Table is a collection of related data help in a structured format within a database. It consists of fields (Columns) and rows. A table is a set of data elements (Values) using a model of vertical columns which are identified by their name and horizontal rows, the cell being the unit where a row and columns intersect. A table has a specified number of columns but can have any number of rows. Each row is identified by one or more values appearing in a particular column subset. The column subset which uniquely identifies a row is called the primary key.
Fields: In a database system, fields are the smallest units of information that can be accessed. Most fields have certain attributes associated with them. Fields are a space allocated for a particular item of information. In the spreadsheet, the field is the cell. In the database, a field is a data structure for a single piece of data. Fields are organized into records that contain all information with the table relevant to a specific entity. Let’s Continue the MCQ.
41. Which of the following database object produces the final result to present?
|A. Forms||B. Reports|
|C. Queries||D. Tables|
42. The default and maximum size of the text field in Access
|A. 50 and 255 Characters||B. 8 and 1 GB|
|C. 266 characters & 64000 characters||D. None of above|
A. 50 and 255 Characters
43. Cascade update option
|A. Means do not change the value in the primary key if that record has related records in another table|
|B. Means change all the related records in child tables if the record in the parent table is changed.|
|C. Both of the Above|
|D. Not of the above|
C. Both of the Above
44. You can set a controls border type to make the border invisible.
|A. Transparent||B. Invisible|
|C. Do not display||D. No Border|
C. Do not display
45. The database language that allows you to access or maintain data in a database
|A. DCL||B. DML|
|C. DDL||D. None of the above|
46. Referential Integrity means
|A. Do not enter a value in the foreign key field of a child table if that value does not exist in the primary key of the parent table.|
|B. Do not enter a value in the primary key field of child table if that value does bot exist in the primary key of the parent table|
|C. Do not enter a value in the foreign key field of a parent table if that value does not exist in the primary key of the child table|
|D. All of the above|
A. Do not enter a value in the foreign key field of a child table if that value does not exist in the primary key of the parent table.
47. A ……………. name must be unique within a database
|A. Table||B. Field|
|C. Record||D. Character|
48. it is an association established between commn fields of two tables.
|A. Line||B. Relationship|
|C. Primary Key||D. Records|
49. Which of the following is not a field type in Access
|A. Memo||B. Hyperlink|
|C. OLE Object||D. Lookup Wizard|
D. Lookup Wizard
50. When entering field name, how may characters your can type in maximum?
|A. 60||B. 64|
|C. 68||D. Any number of|
51. It is a database object to view, change, and analyze data in different ways.
|A. Query||B. Form|
|C. Report||D. none of the above|
52. Which of the following create drop down list of values to choose from list?
|A. OLE Object||B. Hyperlink|
|C. Memo||D. Lookup wizard|
D. Lookup wizard
53. to achieve AND effect when you are entering criterai in a query design window
|A. Write criteria values vertically one in a rown|
|B. Write criteria values horizontally|
|C. Write Crietria values in same field seperated with AND|
|D. Writer Criteria values in same filed seperated wih &|
B. Write criteria values horizontally
54. A Search value can be an exact value or it can be
|A. Logical Operator||B. Relationship|
|C. Wild card character||D. Comparison operation|
C. Wild card character
55. What are the columns in a Microsoft Access table called?
|A. Rows||B. Records|
|C. Fields||D. Columns|
56. What is a from in MS Access
|A. it is a printed page where user will writet their data to fill it up|
|B. It is an input screen designed to make the viewing and entering data easier|
|C. This is an important part of database used by analysts to draw conclusions|
|D. All of the above|
B. It is an input screen designed to make the viewing and entering data easier
57. You can automatically include all of the field in a table in a query by ………. a strike that apper list box in query design view
|A. Clicking||B. Right Clicking|
|C. Double Clicking||D. None of the above|
C. Double Clicking
58. it is a sing or symbol that specifies, operator, and values that produce a result.
|A. Operator||B. Query|
|C. Expression||D. None of the above|
59. We can remove a relationship defined between tow tables by
|A. From Edit menu choose deletee relationship||B. Select the relationship line and press delete|
|C. Choose Delete option from Relationship menu||D. All of the above|
60. Unlike text data type, this can store up to maximum 65,535 characters.
|A. Memo||B. Data/Time|
|C. Number||D. All of the above|