In previous MCQ set no 3, The elements of the DBMS Database Management System Table and Field are explained in conclusion. Before starting MCQ set number 3 we are going to introduce basic concepts of Record and Relationship for your further reference because it helps us to understand in the brief while preparing for our exam.
Records: In DMBS records are the complete set of information. They are composed of fields, each of which contains one item of information. A set of records consists of files. In a relational database management system, records are called tuples. In programming, language records are defined as a special data structure. Generally, a record is a combination of other data objects. For example, A Personal file might contain a record that has three fields: a name field, an address field, and a phone number field. The combination of these data filed is called records.
Relationships: A Relationship is a database, which is a situation that exists between two relational database tables when one table has a foreign key that references the primary key of the other table. Relationships allow the relational databases to split and store data in different tables while linking disparate data items. A relationship works by matching data in the key fields usually a field with the same name in both tables. A Relationship is any association, linkage, or connection between the entities of interest to the business it is a two directional significant association between two entities or between any entity and itself. it is described in real terms. Assigning a name, optionally and a degree to a relationship helps confirm the validity of the relationship. Now, let’s start our Database Management Systems DBMS MCQ Set 3 Questions and Answers.
61. When a picture or other graphic image is placed in the report header section it will appear …….
|A. Once in the beginning of the report||B. At the top of every page|
|C. Every after record break||D. One the first and last pages of the reports|
A. Once in the beginning of the report
62. Cascade delete option
|A. is used to delete all the records of all tables in a database|
|B. Will repeat the recent delete operation to all the records of current table|
|C. Is available in the edit relationship dialog box which makes sure that all the related records will be deleted automatically when the record from the parent table is deleted|
|D. None of the Above|
C. Is available in the edit relationship dialog box which makes sure that all the related records will be deleted automatically when the record from the parent table is deleted
63. This data type allows alphanumeric characters and special symbols.
|A. Text||B. Memo|
|C. Auto Number||D. None of the above|
64. Query design window has two parts. The upper parts show
|A. Name of fields, field type, and size||B. Tables with fields and relationships between tables|
|C. Criteria||D. Shorting checkboxes|
B. Tables with fields and relationships between tables
65. In a database table, the category of information is called …….
|A. Tuple||B. Field|
|C. Record||D. All of the above|
66. To create a new table, in which method you don’t need to specify the field type and size?
|A. Create a table in Design View||B. Create a table using the wizard|
|C. Create a table by Entering data||D. All of the above|
C. Create a table by Entering data
67. Which of the following is not a database object?
|A. Tables||B. Queries|
|C. Relationships||D. Reports|
68. In one to many relationships the table on the “one” side is called ……… and on the “many” side is called
|A. Child, Parent||B. Parent, Child|
|C. Brother, Sister||D. Father, Son|
B. Parent, Child
69. The third state in designing a database is when we analyze our tables more closely and create a …….. between tables.
|A. Relationship||B. Join|
|C. Query||D. None of these|
70. Two tables can be linked with relationships so that the data integrity can be enforced. Where can you find the Relationship command?
|A. Home Tab||B. Create Tab|
|C. External Data Tab||D. Database Tab|
D. Database Tab
71. This is the stage in database design where one gathers and lists all the necessary fields for the database project.
|A. Data Definition||B. Data refinement|
|C. Establishing Relationship||D. None of the above|
A. Data Definition
72. The two form layout types will display multiple records at one time are tabular and ………..
|A. Columnar||B. Justified|
|C. Date Sheet||D. Pivot table|
73. The size of a field with number data type cannot be
|A. 2||B. 4|
|C. 8||D. 16|
74. A small button with three dots usually displayed at the right of the field properties box
|A. Make button||B. Expression button|
|C. Build Button||D. None of the above|
C. Build Button
75. The size of Yes No field is always
|A. 1 bit||B. 1 byte|
|C. 1 Character||D. 1 GB|
A. 1 bit
76. This key uniquely identifies each record
|A. Primary Key||B. Key record|
|C. Unique Key||D. Field name|
A. Primary Key
77. The command center of the access file that appears when you create or open the MS Access Database file.
|A. Database Window||B. Query Window|
|C. Design View Window||D. Switchboard|
A. Database Window
78. A database language concerned with the definition of the whole database structure and scheme is
|A. DCL||B. DML|
|C. DDL||D. All of the above|
79. When creating a new table which method can be used to choose fields from standard databases and tables
|A. Create a table in design view||B. Create a table using the wizard|
|C. Create table by entering data||D. No of the above|
B. Create a table using the wizard
80. What happens when you release the mouse pointer after you drop the primary key of a table into the foreign key of another table.
|A. A relationship is created||B. Edit Relationship dialog box appears|
|C. Errors Occurs||D. Nothing Happens|
B. Edit Relationship dialog box appears