At the beginning of DBMS’s fourth MCQ set, we have discussed two elements of the Database Management System. In this section, we will last element of DBMS i.e. Indexing. To make more understand we are adding some of the components for user-friendliness.
Indexing: Indexing is a data structure technique to efficiently retrieve records from database files based on some attributes on which the indexing has been done. Indexing on database systems is similar to the one we see indexing in books. Indexing is based on its indexing attributes. if the index is built on the order ‘key field of file it’s called primary indexes. Generally, it is the primary key of the relation. And of the index is built on ordering non-key filed of file it is called clustering index. Now let start our fourth set of MCQ.
81. A part of a database that stores only one type of data is
|A. Report||B. Field|
|C. Query||D. Record|
82. Which of the following may not be a database?
|A. Data presented in the table in MS word documents||B. Data Entered in Excel Spreadsheet|
|C. A Presentation created in Powerpoint||D. A Telephone diary|
83. A database can be best described as
|A. Organized collection of data||B. Useful presentation of data|
|C. Graphical representation of data||D. All of the above|
84. Which of the following term is least related to the database.
|A. Attributes||B. Tuples|
|C. Relationship||D. Columns|
85. Collection of related records in a database is known as
|A. File||B. Bench|
|C. Table||D. Relationship|
86. The task of arranging data in order is called
|A. Searching||B. Sorting|
|C. Ordering||D. Shorting|
87. Each record is constituted by a number of individual data items which are called
|A. Fields||B. Data Types|
|C. Relations||D. Tables|
88. Which of the following is not a database object in MS Access?
|A. Tables||B. Query|